Variation in texture and color can contribute to your skin looking uneven and aged. While every person’s skin is unique there are ways to achieve an even skin tone. Keeping up with your skincare routine, maintaining a healthy weight through diet and exercise, and reducing stress can all help with the look and feel of your skin. However, the effects of natural aging, the loss of collagen and elastin, and poor habits before prioritizing your skin can all take a toll on it. This is why achieving an even skin tone will require cosmetic intervention in combination with your daily skincare routine.
Cosmetic Treatment Options
There are a variety of cosmetic treatments that can improve the color and texture of your skin. It’s important to remember that these treatments are not a substitute for your daily skincare routine. These should be used in combination with your routine to improve the look and feel of your skin.
- Chemical Peel: This is a noninvasive facial treatment that helps improve skin texture, discoloration, and even sun damage. A chemical peel treatment Bakersfield removes the damaged outer layers of your skin to jumpstart new cell growth. This is a gentle and effective treatment that you can begin taking advantage of as early as your 20s.
- Microdermabrasion: This procedure helps improve skin texture and tone through exfoliation. A cosmetic specialist uses a handheld device that gently exfoliates your skin, which activates new skin growth. One of the major benefits of microdermabrasion is that you can get it in combination with other treatments, so you don’t have to make multiple visits.
- Laser Therapy: This procedure uses microscopic laser technology to penetrate your skin and stimulate new cell growth. It can address issues such as wrinkles, scars, hyperpigmentation, and your skin’s overall tone and texture.
These treatments can improve the look and feel of your skin no matter what age you are. Utilizing these in combination with your daily skincare routine can take years off of your face. One of the most important factors in achieving your desired skin aesthetic is starting early and preventing the effects of natural aging before they start.
Skincare Routine and Healthy Habits
As stated, you will need cosmetic intervention to assist in achieving your desired skin aesthetic. In addition to cosmetic treatments, there are some daily habits you must partake in to ensure you are protecting your skin in between cosmetic treatments. Below are some of the most important things you need to incorporate into your daily routine.
- Cleaning and Makeup Removal: If you wear makeup, you need to wash it all off at night. In addition to removing your makeup, cleanse your skin. Depending on your skin type you may be able to cleanse at night and wash your face with water in the morning. However, if you have oily skin, be sure and cleanse in the morning and night. Experiment with different cleansers to find the right combination for your skin. Always remember to spot check any new skincare items on your arm and wait 24 hours before using them.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C promotes collagen production, which can thicken the outer layer of your skin. It can also diminish fine lines, which is essential for maintaining your youthful glow. Collagen production slows down in your mid-20s. So adding vitamin C can help offset the decline in collagen production.
- Moisturizer: Moisturize in the morning and night, no matter what. Dehydration can lead to uneven skin texture, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- SPF: Sun exposure leads to skin issues, including the risk of skin cancer. Use SPF 30 to 50 on your face (and body) every day. Sun rays can go through windows. So even if you aren’t going outside, slather on some SPF. Reapply it as needed throughout the day.
Bakersfield Medspa specializes in facial treatments, including chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and laser therapy. They are focused on helping patients feel rejuvenated and refreshed. If you have issues with your skin texture or color, these treatments can provide you with smoother, more even skin. The specialists at Bakersfield Medspa are focused on helping patients achieve their desired aesthetic. Contact the office today to set up an appointment!