Most women know the challenges of shaving your legs. There are repeated nicks and cuts. You may miss a spot and be left with an ankle mustache, or worse. Most of all, you shave your legs every few days, and the cycle never ends.
Laser hair removal is a permanent hair removal treatment. It targets the hairs’ roots beneath the skin and destroys the hair follicle. Laser hair removal is not only for legs: it works on the face, arms, chest, back, and bikini line, too.
Rejuvinique MedSpa provides the best laser hair removal treatment in Bakersfield. To schedule a consultation, click or call today at 661-325-7600.
Am I a Good Candidate?
You are a good candidate for laser hair removal if you want to reduce or remove hair anywhere on the body. Before your treatment, you will meet with a laser hair removal specialist for a consultation. You must be in good general health to receive laser hair removal.
Another thing to consider is the laser works better if you have lighter skin and darker hair. The laser works by sensing the dark pigment in your hair and “zapping” it. If there is not enough contrast between your skin color and hair color, the laser can be less effective. Those with dark skin should seek out a YAG laser. This laser is better at distinguishing between hair and skin of all shades.
Laser Hair Removal Treatment
Treatments may take 30 minutes to one hour to perform. The amount of time it takes depends on the size of the area you want to be treated. Laser hair removal feels like a rubber band snapping on your skin. Many people experience even less of a sensation than that.
The number of treatments you will need depends on your hair growth and density in the treatment area. Your hair goes through a growth cycle in which different hairs grow in different phases. In phase one, only some hair will grow. In phase two, another group. Laser hair removal targets the hair growing when you get the treatment. It destroys the hair follicle beneath the skin. It then ejects itself from the skin as the next group of hair starts growing.
You must return to get laser hair removal treatment three to eight times to kill every cycle of hair growth.
Pros of Laser Hair Removal
- It hurts less than waxing. Waxing is a longer-term hair removal treatment, but it is painful. Compared to waxing, laser hair removal is a breeze.
- It hurts less and is quicker than electrolysis. Electrolysis is done mostly on small areas and is time-consuming. It can take up to an hour to target upper lip hair. By contrast, laser hair removal takes about 5-10 minutes to treat the upper lip. And, compared to an electric shock with a needle, the laser is gentle.
- It is permanent and will leave your skin smooth for years to come.
- Laser hair removal works great for both men and women.
- The process can take longer than other hair removal treatments. You will have to return anywhere from three to eight times to complete the cycle of treatments.
- Laser hair removal costs more than other hair removal treatments. But, you pay for individual sessions, which can be easier to save for. Buying a package of multiple sessions can also save you money.
A Warning About Home Lasers
Recently, home hair removal lasers have hit the market. According to the Mayo Clinic, “the Food and Drug Administration considers these home laser hair removal devices to be cosmetic, not medical, which means they don’t get the same level of scrutiny as other medical devices. Currently, there haven’t been large, long-term studies on how safe and effective the home machines are.”
If you are seeking safe and permanent results, visit Rejuvinique MedSpa. We serve the Central Valley area.
Laser Hair Removal Bakersfield
Bakersfield MedSpa offers the leading laser hair removal treatment in Bakersfield. They use state-of-the-art laser technology to target the hair below the skin. This results in permanent hair removal. Patients can choose large or small areas of treatment. Experience the fusion of beauty and science. Click or call Bakersfield MedSpa now at 661-325-7600.