Clear skin is something that everyone strives for but it can sometimes be difficult depending on your age, skin type, and a number of other factors. If you want to clear up your skin no matter what skin type you have, below are the top 10 best clear skin tips. It takes hard work to keep your skin glowing, smooth, and clear. Try some of these clear skin tips to see major results in your skin!
- Wash Your Face Before Bed. Always wash your face before you go to bed no matter what! It doesn’t matter if you don’t wear makeup, the elements from the outdoors need to be wiped away so they don’t lead to clogged pores or acne. Use a gentle cleanser and warm water to wash the day off of your face. If you absolutely cannot wash your face (at the very least) use makeup wipes or cleaning clothes to remove what you can.
- Clean and Sanitize. If you wear makeup or use a cleansing brush to wash your face, be sure to clean your brushes and tools regularly. Brushes can accumulate bacteria which leads to breakouts. No matter how much you spend on skincare, missing this crucial step can lead to breakouts. Be sure to wash anything else that touches your face, including your phone.
- Wash Properly. Take at least 30-45 seconds to wash your face. It takes that amount of time to get the dirt and oil off of your face. Use circular motions all over your face and neck to ensure everything is being washed off.
- No Picking or Popping. This may be one of the harder clear skin tips for some to follow. If you have acne, refrain from picking up popping despite your temptation to do so. This will cause inflammation, scarring, and can also cause more acne. Try applying tea tree oil or acne patches to get those pimples removed without any unnecessary risks.
- Exfoliate Regularly. Taking the time to exfoliate and remove the layers of dead skin cells and dirt will pay off in dividends. The dead skin and cells can clog your pores and reduce your skin’s natural glow. Exfoliate one to two times a week for the best results.
- Clay Masks. Clay masks are another go-to way to unclog pores and feel super fresh and clean. Using a clay mask once a week can help pull all of the gunk and bacteria out of your pores.
- Watch Out for Certain Foods. Some foods can cause breakouts depending on the person. If you find yourself breaking out a lot, watch what you are eating. If you see a consistent correlation between a certain food and your breakouts, you may want to watch when and how much you eat it. Foods high in sugar, junk food, and dairy have all been known to lead to acne for some people. Before you go cold turkey on everything, be sure to test it out as you don’t want to miss out on certain foods unnecessarily.
- Change Your Pillowcase. Wash your pillowcase regularly. Sleeping on the same pillow case without cleaning it can lead to clogged pores. It carries dirt, sweat, and buildup from hair products each night. Be sure to change it every few days so you can ensure your nightly skincare routine doesn’t go to waste!
- Chemical Peel. This is a great way to address acne and acne scarring. A chemical peel is a noninvasive skin treatment that improves the texture and appearance of the skin. It removes the damaged outer layers of skin and kick starts new cell growth.
- Acne Scar Removal. If you have had a lot of acne and want to remove the scars, acne scar removal can help your skin return to its natural glow and youthfulness. The treatment is great as it can address texture, tone, and discoloration.
Having clear skin is an achievable goal and something that everyone deserves. If you find that you are looking for more than at-home remedies for skincare, the specialists at Rejuvinique Medspa can provide a number of skincare treatments to help you achieve your goals. In addition to facial skincare, they provide body treatments, hair treatments, and more clear skin tips for at-home care.